Thursday, April 13, 2017

Shaved Brussels Sprouts + Apple Salad | Shopbop New Arrivals on Sale


The older I have gotten the more I have come to love Brussel Sprouts in any shape or form.  This salad was a recent creation and so good.  If you are still looking for Easter meal ideas this would be a great side dish to serve.  If you make this ahead of time I would wait to add the nuts in right before serving. 
Enjoy!

S H A V E D  B R U S S E L S   S P R O U T S  + A P P L E   S A L A D 
adapted via Food and Wine

- 1 bag brussels sprouts thinly sliced
- 1 fuji or honey crisp apple julienned
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoons diced shallot
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice- juice of one lemon
- chopped chives

Finely chop the walnuts.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lay the chopped walnuts on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.  Bake about 5-7 mins- you don't want them to burn so keep an eye on them.  Pull out and let cool slightly.

Combine the brussels sprouts, apples, and parmesan cheese in a large bowl. 
Whisk together olive oil, shallot, dijon, sugar, and lemon juice.  Pour dressing over salad and toss all together.  Add chopped walnuts and chives last.


.......................................................
There is one more day left to save on the Shopbop Sale.  I wanted to share a few of the new arrivals I am loving.  Use code EVENT17 to save 20-25%.

This is the same style dress I wore out for my Birthday.   I love the white paired with the bright colors.

I tried this on yesterday and it is so cute on!!




this may be my favorite.  I love the colors and style.


These are such a great price!
I have this tee and love it.  I wear it often paired with jeans or jean shorts or even tossed on over workout clothes.


This green color is perfection!!!






No comments: