Thursday, March 31, 2016

Thoughts For Thursday

I can't believe today is the last day of March! This year already seems to be flying by faster than the rest.
We have been enjoying our Spring Break week in Charlotte.  I jump at any chance to spend more time with my family especially my newest nephew, Rutledge. 
Sterling has especially loved holding him and it melts my heart.
How sweet is his little smile??

Wore my floral swing dress for happy hour one night.    It is a great causal dress made out of thick cotton.  I like that it is loose and not clingy at all.  It also comes in a gorgeous dark blue color.  I am wearing a size XS, runs on the large side.  Would also work while pregnant.
We have been spending a lot of time at Southwark Mall, my favorite spot when I am back in Charlotte.  Enjoying Chick Fila in the food court.  I so wish Charleston had a good mall.
I have been reading Jennifer Weiner's book, All Fall Down and I am totally sucked into it.  It is about a woman addicted to painkillers.  I always like Jennifer Weiner's book because all the characters are always so relatable.  She is such a fantastic writer.

 I used a birthday gift card for this blouse, currently 40% off.
I really liked the floral print and smocked style.

Sterling and his cousin Finley rocking  their new Dr. Seuss jammies.

We all love Mexican Street corn and make it every taco night.  I came across these 2 recipes on Pinterest and can't wait to try them.

We celebrated my birthday while I was home with a lemon raspberry cake from Reids that was amazing!  We usually get their caramel cake but I sampled this lemon one and loved it.

The kids having a picnic in their "secret garden" aka the area where the picked all the flowers off my mom's bushes.


I stopped in JCrew this week and picked up the best tee shirt.  These are so super soft and come in so many gorgeous colors.
Have a great Thursday!










5 comments:

Kimm said...

We just moved from Ballantyne in charlotte and I miss South Park mall big time !!!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

I love Mexican street corn too, and have pinned several recipes, but never tried making it myself! I love the idea of doing it with grilled zucchini! Family time is the best...love all the sweet pics of Sterling and Frances Moon with their cousins!

Lush Break said...

Love following your blog! Live in Charleston too and wish we had a nice southpark or at least a real Nordstrom!

www.lushbreak.com

East Coast Chic {Natalie} said...

Those mexican street corn nachos look amazing! So glad you're having a fun week at home with your family. The kids are too cute, I love the secret garden lol!

Unknown said...

I love that swing dress, too cute! So glad y'all are having a great time in CLT, I love going back to visit. I'm also trying those nachos for sure, yummy!

Erin, Attention to Darling
www.attentiontodarling.com