Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Style Files Vol 6 | All About The Kids Our Spring Favorites


Today is all about the little ones!   They are definitely the cutest models:)
I have so much fun shopping for Sterling and Frances Moon and some of the Spring kid's stuff is so cute right now.  

I mean how adorable is this pink dress??  It would be a perfect Easter dress!  It also comes in a bright blue/yellow color, that I love! With Frances I always size up in dresses so she can wear them for a longer amount of time.  Many of the girl clothes are more expensive than the boys, so I want to make sure she can wear them for awhile.  Once her dresses get too short, we pair them with leggings as top for extra wear.
She is wearing a 3T in this dress and it is a touch long on her now but I am hoping she can wear this for the next year or two.

I love the details on the top of the dress and arms. 
Frances loves hair bows and headbands so I knew she would love this flower headband.  The nice part is it actually stays on in place.  You can also wear it across your head as a crown too.

These salt water sandals are our favorites.  I also ordered these a little bigger so she would have room all Summer.  I love the hot pink, but they also come in several other colors.
Sterling of course picked out his outfit.  I don't try to shop for him anymore without his approval.  He is still shark obsessed, so the tee was definite and he always loves a hoodie.  He especially liked the fact this one was lined with faux fur.

Sterling has been wearing these Pumas since he was 2!  They are the best, we buy a new pair every year.  I love that they velcro and are easy to put on by himself.

Sterling's Outfit | 

Frances Moon's Outfit |




I had a reader request to share some of my favorite shoes for Frances and Sterling.

These shoes are the ones we buy time and time again every year.  They are staples if you will. I only have a few requirements when buying shoes for the kids:  
1) They are easy to get on.  There is nothing worse than shoes that take forever to lace up or get on.
2) They are relatively cute.  Sterling and Frances are pretty opinionated these days so I try and steer them towards shoes that are not too tacky. 
3) They are comfortable.  I want them to be comfortable for the kids to wear and play in all day. 


kids shoes

Nordstrom is usually my go to for shoes.  Since we don't have a department store in Charleston, it is so easy to order online.

Toms- I like Toms for both the boys and the girls and they always have fun new patterns.  I love the gingham for the little girls and the chambray for the boys. 

Natives- these are like crocs but way cuter.  They wear these all year long here in Charleston but they are especially great in the Summer.  If they get dirty, wet, or sand in them they are easy to wash off.

Hunter Rain Boots- I love the gloss kind for the Frances and the matte for Sterling.   My kids love to wear these even when it is not raining.

Pumas- these are my favorite sneakers for the boys.  I love the look and the fact that they are velcro and easy to get on and off.

Salt Water Sandals- these are my favorite sandals for the girls, they are simple and sweet.  They come in about 7 different color options too.



Thanks to Nordstrom for partnering on this post!




2 comments:

Shara said...

Those boden hoodies are the best - my boys love them!!

Unknown said...

Seriously, so in love!

SXCHS would love for you to attend some (if not all!) of our events this week, and spread even more inspiration for design, in spirit of fashion week! We will be hosting a wide variety of daily events, including fashion shows and live photo shoots, in spirit of fashion week, and invite all to join!

Please check it out, and we really hope to see you there! ~
http://www.bbd.com/sxchs
http://www.facebook.com/sxchscharleston
http://www.twitter.com/SXCHSCharleston