Monday, March 7, 2016

Scenes From Our Weekend + Charleston Food and Wine Festival

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  This weekend was definitely a fun one!!

Thursday after hitting up the Troubadour Sample Sale I went to Leon's Oyster Shop for lunch, still one of my favorite places in town.  I normally get the Siam Salad which is amazing but decided to branch out and try the fried fish sandwich.  It was so good!  Their fried Brussels Sprouts are also delicious. I am still dreaming about this lunch.
Wearing:

Friday I met up with a friend to try the infrared sauna at Seeking Indigo.  Instead of a wet moist heat like a regular sauna it is more of a radiant heat.  We did 30 minutes and I really enjoyed it.  Next I plan to try the detox foot soak and the infrared massage.
After the sauna we grabbed a delicious lunch at Monza.  This antipasto platter was so good, I def want to try and recreate something similar at home.  Loved the addition of the arugula.

Friday night we met up with my parents for happy hour.
I always love the view on the deck of their condo.
Love having my parents in town!
Mom is wearing a Joie Blouse ( that I can't wait to borrow!) 

Saturday I attended the Locavore lunch at SNOB.  It was 5 courses and all the ingredients came sourced from local farms.  This noodle bowl and the swordfish were two of my favorites!

 The wine was amazing too.  It was from a vineyard in California called Luli.  We sampled their Rose, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir and Chardonnay and they all were delicious. 

After that we headed to the tent tasting at the festival!
The weather was perfection.  We enjoyed so many delicious wines!  They also had some really cool cooking demonstrations too. 

We even had the pleasure of meeting the gastronaut! 
We sampled so many great wines but there were also several liquor companies  at the Festival as well.  This black cherry vodka was amazing.
Sunday the weather was nice again so the kids and I headed to the beach.  It was too cold to swim but they insisted on wearing their suits.

Frances showing off her belly! This picture cracks me up!

Enjoy your week!







1 comment:

Holy City Chic | Megan said...

Looks like such a great weekend. That picture of Frances Moon in her bathing suit is probably my favorite you have ever posted! I could eat her up, she's so cute!