Monday, December 28, 2015

Scenes From Our Christmas

Hard to believe another Christmas has come and gone!  I have to admit this year just didn't quite feel like Christmas.  I am not sure if it was the warm weather or what but it just didn't feel quite the same.  We spent our Christmas in Charlotte.  I always seeing my family and catching up with old friends. 
We had such a wonderful Christmas and I loved seeing how excited the kids were.  Christmas is so magical through the eyes of children.
 As much as I love Christmas, I love the New Year too.  I love a fresh start and getting organized and back in a routine.  I am excited to start taking down our decorations today and get ready for the New Year!

A few snapshots from our Christmas.

My mom surprised Sterling with these Elf Pj's that I am not kidding he wore for 3 days straight.  Giving Buddy the Elf a run for his money.

On Christmas Eve Eve we always attend a family party.  Feeling festive with my plaid blouse and my Dad's martini's are always a favorite when I am home.

Still rocking his Elf Outfit:)

We took the kid's last minute Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve.  Frances and Finley are Sterling's posse. 

Christmas Eve getting ready to assemble Santa Gifts.

Christmas Morning we made the most delicious Grits and Sausage Casserole.  It was super easy to make ahead,  I assembled it the night before and we all loved it!
  I used ground sausage instead of smoked sausage and added in some Gouda cheese.

The kids bikes were their favorite Santa gifts.


Christmas Night we celebrate with my brother and sister and their families.

I wore an Equipment Dress.  It is the prettiest shade of dark green.  It also comes in black.  It does run on the smaller side so size up, I am in a medium.

Happy Hour Spread.  I am loving this Pottery Barn Platter my mom has.  It is the perfect platter for a kick ass cheese spread.  My mom actually me gave me hers because I wouldn't stop talking about it.  I love that it is up on feet, it makes for such a pretty presentation.

Sterling, Finley and Maxton in their matching Gap Tees.

Saturday afternoon I caught up with some girlfriends at my favorite spot when I am home, the Dean and Deluca wine bar.  We had way too much fun catching up and tasting wine flights.

I bought this Rebecca Taylor Blouse after Christmas during the sales and wore it out Saturday.  I really like the detail.

The kid''s other favorite Christmas gift was their raincoats and perfect timing since it rained the entire week we were home.  Frances has not taken off her pink Hunter rain boots since she got them!


One of my favorite Christmas gifts was this Joie Dress.  I am obsessed with the fringe detail at the bottom.  I have a feeling I will be wearing it often this Summer! It runs slightly on the larger side because it is a loose fit, I have size XS.
Today if you use code DECSAVE you can save $50 off it or any purchase over $200 at Neiman Marcus!


On Sunday my parent's celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary.  How cute are they?  They are such an inspiration to me.

Getting excited for the New Year!




4 comments:

Unknown said...

As always everything looked fabulous! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Love the quote. Here is to a fresh start!👍🏻😀

Kimm said...

I missed not being in Charlotte for Christmas this year!!! Happy new year!!!

Allison said...

I love that dress too! What is the sizing like?! Love your blog...Merry, Merry!

Nat said...

Looks like you all had a great Christmas! That Joie dress looks like it would be perfect for an upcoming trip we have