Thursday, October 1, 2015

Kiawah, The Andell Inn And Freshfields Village Recap

 We live only about 30 minutes from Kiawah yet I rarely venture out there unless we take our boat to the beaches out there.  So when Freshfields Village and The Andell Inn organized a blogger night and invited a few of us girls to explore and spend the night I was really excited.   Kiawah is just so serene and beautiful. 

The Andell Inn may just be one of the most gorgeous hotels ever.  They were just recently voted Top 10 Hotels of 2015 in Southern Living Magazine.    The minute I walked in I knew I would love it there.  
Interior perfection, right??
 The hotel had such a glamorous vibe.  I loved all the fur pillows.
I also thought the antler heads were very cool.

The outside is just as cute.  It sits over looking a lake and everything is just so green and lush.

My room or should I say suite was beautiful.  It would be a great place to bring your kids because there was so much room.  I really liked that it had a full size fridge and oven.   There is a grocery store within in walking distance so if you wanted to buy groceries and cook in your room you could.


Ready to head out for fun night shopping at FreshFields Village.
Of course we had to snap a picture on the porch swing.  The best part about some of these blogger events is a night with some of your favorite friends.

We started out at at Hedges an adorable restaurant at Freshfields.
They had some delicious nibbles and snacks for us.
Then it was off to walk around Freshfields and explore the shops.  There are so many cute shops at Freshfields but my favorite was The Resort Shop.
They carried so many of my favorite lines and even hosted a Mara Hoffman trunk show for us.  I loved this shift dress
 I ended up buying this dress that I shared Monday.  Ashley and I both bought this we loved it so much.  It does run on the large side so size down, I am wearing XS.

The Lily store was a popular stop for all the girls.  
I loved this giant painting behind the register.
I bought the cutest Giraffe outfit for Frances.  She wanted to put it on immediately when I got home.

Roberta Roller Rabbit just recently opened out at Freshfields, there is also a location here in Charleston on King Street.  I love all her patterns and tunics.  
All the girls that came out for the weekend.
Tara, Erin, Vendita, Annie, Ashley, Andrea, Chloe, Caycee, Me, Bethany, and Dannon.
 Picking out jammies to bring back to all our kids.
We had to sit down to look through all the cute patterns and sizes.  

I ended up buying the kids matching pjs at Roberta Roller Rabbit.  They are beyond adorable!!


We ended the night at Vincents Soda Shop.  It felt like you were back in time.  They had the most delicious sundaes.  I had the peanut butter blast and it was so tasty.

Enjoying our dessert.

We stopped by the Porch Bar at The Andell Inn for a nightcap.  I ordered the Skinny Dip and it was so good.  I loved the combination of tequila and cucumber and then the spice from the cayenne salt.
If you are out at Kiawah The Porch Bar is a great place to stop for a drink.  You can sit inside or outside on the deck which had killer views.

The next morning I was kid free so you would think I would sleep in but of course I woke up bright and early.  It was nice to sit and quietly drink my coffee with a gorgeous view.

It was a rainy day when we left and it would have been so nice to sit by this fireplace and read a good book but I was ready to see my babies.


Thank you to the Andell Inn and Freshfields Village for hosting us.  I had such a lovely time and will certainly be back again.  
 Next time I am bringing the kids and Matt because I know they would love it too!
I would like to note that our rooms were comped but I was not paid to write this post.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Weekend Looks:






4 comments:

Liz said...

The pizza place at Freshfields is yummy too - i forget the name. Kiawah is our all-time favorite, but i have yet to stay at the Inn. on the To Do list. Glad you had a nice time!!!

Kimm said...

So beautiful !

molly killorin said...

Hege's is a favorite - always a great go to spot while at Kiawah! The Andell Inn looks gorgeous! Great pictures!

OurGreatEscape said...

Hege's has a fabulous breakfast! We bike over from Seabrook (burn some of those breakfast calories off).

La Tela pizzeria was packed this summer. Guess the secret's out ;) And, who can't resist Vincent's soda fountain.

For those who are interested, the Andell Inn is affiliated with Marriott. Use those Marriot points up, girls ( the new Grand Bohemian in downtown Charleston is also Marriott)! If you do stay at the Andell, the closet beach access is Chs Co. Beachwalker Park before the Kiawah gate.