Thursday, September 24, 2015

10 Beauty Products I Can't Live Without

I technically could live without these beauty products but I don't want to.  I use quite a few different products but these are my tried and true absolute favorites.  From a young age my mom encouraged me to take good care of my skin and it is something that is even more important to me now that I am getting older and aging.
. While I splurge on some products I try to save on others and find you don't need to spend as much on certain items. 
I would love to hear if you have any favorites you can't live without.  I always love trying new products out!  We women need to share our beauty secrets to help each other out:)

Hands down the best under eye concealer.  Yes it is expensive but it lasts forever.  I have been using my same one now for over a year.  It just provides such great coverage.  I inherited really bad under eye circles and this really covers them up.

The Neiman Marcus Beauty Event is going on right now too- spend $125 and you get a cute bag filled with new products to try. 

Last year I tried about every mascara on the market.  I loved Chanel but it just dried out too quickly and for the price ($30)  I didn't want to have keep replacing it every 3 weeks.  At $4 this works magic and I don't feel bad replacing it every few weeks.  My hair dresser who did make-up for years in NYC and knows his stuff told me to go to Sally Beauty Supply and buy some disposable mascara wands.  He said the wand was clogging my mascara making it clumpy and he was right.  He insisted buy the cheap mascara and just use new wands and it works.


I have been using this for several months now and I am obsessed.  It conditions and detangles your hair and it smells amazing.   My hair is fine and gets tangled very easily, this plus the wet brush is a perfect combo. I also use this for the kids.

If you only buy one face mask buy this one.  I love it.  I use it 1-2 times a week and I love that it feels like it is really tightening my skin.  It lasts forever too.  Tata Harper products are all natural and contain no chemicals or weird ingredients.
Right now Nordstrom has a great deal where if you purchase $175 of Tata Harper products you get $110 of products free. It is a great time to sample her products.


I love these face pads.  I use these a few times a week after I wash my face.  It feels like they exfoliate as you wipe your faceYour face tingles and just feels so fresh afterwards.  I also feel like they minimize my pores.  I love them so much I just ordered my mom some for her birthday.


I use this for so many different things but mainly as a make up remover.  It works magic getting my eye make-up off and moisturizes at the same time.  If you are pregnant this is great to rub on your belly to prevent stretch marks.  I used this with both my pregnancies.




I have been using this probably since I was in high school.  My mom always used it so I started using it too.  I use it for body lotion and as my face lotion as well when my skin feels super dry.  It is so thick and moisturizes really well.  It feels luxurious but the price is not, it is usually around $15.  If you are a Costco member they carry it for a bit cheaper too.  It comes in a pump container as well but I prefer the cream in the jar.


Mascara, Concealer and Bronzer are my 3 go to make-up items that I use daily.  This trio works wonders for me.  I have tried many bronzers and this is the best.  It is not too orange or shiny.  I use the Laguna color and it is the perfect sun kissed color.
Nars is also offering a gift with purchase if you spend $125 you receive Orgasm blush, illuminator, and lip gloss.


I mentioned this on here a few months ago but it has quickly become my favorite thing.  I apply it first thing in the morning before I apply make-up or moisturizer.  I feel like my skin really absorbs it and it nourishes my dry skin. It feels amazing on your skin.  Vitamin C is so good for brightening your skin. I know Rite Aid carries this line but I actually found it cheaper on Amazon.



One of the best beauty investments.  I received mine 5 years for Christmas and I am still using it.  
It makes your skin feel so amazing afterwards.  I know many of you probably already have one but if you don't you should buy one!  I keep mine in the shower and use with an exfoliating face scrub a few times a week.
I love the regular Naked palette but I like this one even better.  It is streamlined and not quite so many colors.  I like that it doesn't take up as much room too.  The colors are perfect for any skin tone and great for day or night.


My Favorites:



and most importantly:)





5 comments:

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

Last June I bought Dr. Perricone "No foundation foundation serum" and it is amazing. It's a tinted facial serum with full SPF so I use it in place of foundation and it leaves my skin so soft and not too makeup-ey. I have been telling anyone who will listen about this stuff!

Unknown said...

Beauty Counter Rose Water Spray! based on your list, you would LOVE this product (I am not a rep/consultant for them).

Unknown said...

I live by Cetaphil and It's a 10 for my unruly curls! Thanks for posting about the foundation palette I'll have to check it out

Posh, Broke, & Bored said...

Cle de Peau concealer is the absolute best. Hands down. x

Jasiminne | Posh, Broke, & Bored

Unknown said...

Ooh, those treatment pads sound interesting! I've been seeing a lot of those around lately and I feel like that would be a great travel option, or just great when you're tired and just want to swipe something across your face real quick. I've never heard of this brand, I'll definitely keep an eye out for it!

COFFEESLAG Ayme's Wardrobe Essentials