Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Chicken and Bacon Pasta with Cream Sauce + Lou and Grey 50% Off


I don't cook or eat pasta often, but when I do I forget how good it is.  I came across this recipe on Pinterest and trust me you will want to make this.  It is a one pot easy weeknight dinner.  It honestly took me about 30 minutes start to finish.  Super easy and so delicious.  Even though it is a cream based sauce it didn't feel too heavy.  Everyone in the family loved it, Sterling even went back for thirds!   I used more half and half than the recipe called for because I wanted mine creamier.  I also added a bit more cheese too.
Enjoy!




|| C H I C K E N   A N D  B A C O N  P A S T A  W I T H  C R E A M  S A U C E ||
Recipe Via Julia's Album

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound chicken (chicken breast or tenders)
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (thyme, oregano, basil - combined)
5 medium tomatoes, chopped in large cubes
1 cup cooked spinach ( I used fresh spinach in the plastic container and used the entire container)
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
6 bacon strips, cooked and chopped
1 and 1/3 cups half and half  ( I used the whole small container of half and half)
1 and 1/3 cups Parmesan cheese, shredded
10 oz penne pasta1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated, for serving

  1. In a large skillet, on high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil until hot. Add chicken and cook on one side on high heat for 1 minute. While it cooks, sprinkle the uncooked sides of the chicken with paprika and Italian seasoning. Flip the chicken over, and cook on the other side for 1 minute on high heat. Reduce heat to medium, flip chicken over again and cook, covered, for several minutes until no longer pink in the center. Remove chicken from the pan and keep chicken warm.
  2. To the same pan (but without chicken), add chopped tomatoes, spinach, garlic, crushed red pepper, 1/3 of the chicken (sliced into small strips) and half the bacon (already cooked and drained of fat). Mix everything.
  3. Add half and half and bring to boil. Only after half and half starts boiling, add grated Parmesan cheese - immediately reduce to simmer and stir, while simmering, until the cheese melts and makes the sauce creamy, only about 1 minute (at most 2 minutes). Then, immediately remove from heat. Season with more crushed red pepper and salt, if needed.
  4. In the mean time bring a large pot of water to boil, add pasta and cook it according to instructions. Drain the pasta, rinse with cold water and drain again.
  5. Add pasta to the skillet with the sauce. Add remaining half of bacon (cooked and drained of fat). Season with more salt if necessary. Slice the remaining 2/3 of chicken into thin strips. To serve, top the pasta with chicken strips and grated Parmesan cheese.
...................................................................
Lou and Grey is quickly becoming my favorite part of Loft.  The quality is great and I love the easy simplicity of the pieces.  Today only they are offering 50% off all Lou and Grey.  I bought this top several weeks ago and love it.  It comes to only $27 with the discount.
I also picked up this cotton tank dress.  It is super soft!  Comes to $25 with the discount and also comes in black.



A few other Lou and Grey Favorites:






7 comments:

Sharon said...

LOVE the outfit in the first pic. Where are your shorts from?

Unknown said...

I just wanted to say that I stumbled upon you on Instagram and blog and started following you because you remind me of my very best friend and I was truly inspired by your fashion and cooking ideas. I am a new first time mom so seeing someone balance motherhood, their marriage, and family life with elegance is so wonderful, not to mention reassuring. ;) Just wanted to say that your blog is awesome and keep up with the good work!

Portuguese Prepster said...

That pasta looks really good!

Anonymous said...

i haven't had pasta in years because i am paleo and gluten free, but it looks so good. i bet i could do it up with spaghetti squash. cavemen had that, right?!

jojojewel.wordpress.com

Lindsay // Vineyard Loveknots said...

Your pasta dish photos look like they are straight out of a cookbook.. sounds delish!

lvmoon said...

I made this pasta tonight and it was a hit. My husband loved it and said it was restaurant worthy! Thank you!

Megan said...

Pasta looks yummy!! I'll have to add that to our menu! :) love trying new recipes!!