Tuesday, February 17, 2015

My Skincare Routine || Beauty Event

Hello my name is Natalie and I am Beauty Product Junkie.  I don't know what happened but I have become obsessed with my skincare and researching what is best and trying new things.   Probably because I am scared of botox or needles so I am trying to take care of my skin best I can before I result to the dreaded needles and plumpers.

After my last post on my Beauty Favorites, I received several emails wanting to know my skincare routine.   I used to never try new products but lately I have and now I have narrowed down what I really love and what really works for making my skin look best.  Everyone has different skin issues and my main issue is my skin can be super dry otherwise I would say it is pretty normal.   All of the products below I absolutely love, I would never recommend something I did not.

This is perfect timing since Neiman Marcus just started their Beauty Event.  It is a great time to try some new products!  If you spend $125 you get this free tote filled some pretty awesome samples.  Read on below to see some products I am interested in trying.



I broke the products down I use into night time and day time skin care + masks and exfoliating treatments which I do 2-3 times a week.


\\ NIGHT TIME



I hate a face wash that doesn't foam.  It is my pet peeve with face washes.  I like one that really foams and lathers well.  This one does that and it smells amazing plus it removes my make-up really well.  I have tried many face washes but I always go back to this one.
Right now when you purchase two full size Shisedo products you get a 6 piece gift for free!  Use code BENE.

Sometimes I just use Coconut oil to remove my make-up but I don't do that everyday.  I like this make-up remover because it is not greasy and it removes my make-up in like one swipe.  I hate when I have to rub too hard removing make-up because I feel like that creates wrinkles.  This works great.

After I wash my face and remove my make-up this is my next step.  I rub this in a circular motion over my face. I am addicted to these pads.  I feel like they really brighten and tighten my skin.  And they feel like they are removing any build-up on my skin.  It feels so clean and smooth afterwards. You can cut them in half to make them last twice as long:)

This is my one splurge and real face treat. I love this moisturizer so much.  I have super dry skin so I feel like it really moisturizes well.  It is heaven in a jar.

I try to alternate between this and LaMer to make my LaMer last longer. It is lightweight but I feel like it moisturizes my skin well. 

Still loving this eye cream.  It is the perfect consistency and I love the smell. Plus it has no weird chemicals in it.


\\ MASKS AND EXFOLIATING  | 2-3 TIMES A WEEK


I try to exfoliate and do a mask about 3 times a week.  I usually put it on while I watch tv and sit about 30 minutes with it on my face.  I have been able to tell a such a difference in my skin from masks.  My skin feels so amazing after I wash them off, it is kind of addictive!

I love this so much.  If you don't have one you need one.  It works wonders on your skin.  I keep this in my shower and use it about every other day with an exfoliating face wash.  Either the Tata Harper or the No 7 (see below)

Love this scrub and it is inexpensive.  I keep this in my shower with Clarisonic and use it about 3 times a week.

I know I talk about this mask often but I love it.  A bit pricey but it lasts forever, I am still using the first jar I bought.  It gets super tight while you wear it which I feel means it is tightening and smoothing my skin.

I was only using the Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask but I recently bought the Fresh Black Tea Mask and love it.  Now I alternate between the two.    I bought the 3 item set that also comes with the Black Tea Eye Cream and Face Cream.  It is a great deal and a great way to try all three products.

This is an exfoliating face scrub.  It has small grains in it that really clean the skin deeply.  I use this on the nights I do my face masks to wash the mask off afterwards.

\\MORNING
My morning routinue is pretty simple.  I don't wash my face unless I have exercised that morning (which is few and far between these days).   Otherwise I just moisturize.


This cream is paraben free and contains coconut oil and aloe which are amazing for your skin. It is lightweight and not greasy at all.  I use this every morning before I put my make-up on.

This is a toner, I spray it on in the morning before I do anything.  It smells amazing, refreshes my skin and moisturizes it.  I spray this on before the Beauty Counter AM Cream

This oil is amazing.  It makes your skin feel like silk.  I often apply this after the floral essence and before my AM Cream.  It is a blend of 7 oils and it absorbs so well in your skin,  it is a great primer for make-up.

......................................................................................
With the Beauty Event I am tempted to try a few new products.  Anyone tried these or have any great new Beauty recs for me to try next??

I have read so many articles on how what material you sleep on affects your skin.  This pillow case releases copper ions while you sleep which helps eliminate fine lines and wrinkles. This is one thing I think I am going to order to try

I heard this is hands down the best shampoo.  It is pretty darn expensive for a shampoo though,  is it worth it??


This has won awards the past 4 years.  It is a 10 minute facial in a jar that was designed for Hollywood movie stars and models.   97% of users said they noticed a difference in their skin afterwards!


I am so intrigued by this.  I am loving my other Fresh products and this one has won a ton of awards.


I am tempted to try this, it is only $12 for a 2 time set.  So curious if this works.  I think peels work wonders for your skin.


This is the most expensive lipstick I have seen.  They claim this is the perfect pink.  Anyone tried Tom Ford products?

This is a great price for this set.    Always love anything LaMer.

 





16 comments:

Katie S. said...

I am obsessed with this post. I am such a besuty junkie and feel like you and I have super similar skin! I have taken your recommendations on the tata Harper mask and no 7 microderm and I love love both! I must try the brightening pads, they look great. Thanks for sharing!!

darian blair said...

All of these products look wonderful.. can't wait to try some of them! Oribe products are AMAZING! I use the dry texturizing spray every morning before I style my hair... it adds volume, texture and acts like a dry shampoo. Plus the best smell ever!! Oribe also came out with a perfume/cologne (it's unisex) called Silver.. best stuff ever!

Thanks for sharing all of these products with us! I love reading your blog each day!

shechin35 said...

Have you heard or looked into Rodan and Fields? Check out my website http://shayes3.myrandf.com and contact me with any questions! Shchin3@gmail.com

Megan said...

I've never tried the Oribe shampoo but I have their heat protectant and another spray I use on my hair for in the summers when I'm in the pool a lot and both are fantastic and have lasted me forever (2+ years and I use them weekly if not daily). They smell fantastic too.

I have heard that the GlamGlow in the black packaging is really harsh so I haven't tried it. I like the one in the white packaging for deep cleaning and the bright blue for hydrating. I have heard great things about their cleansers too.

My next thing to try will definitely be a Tata Harper product!

Unknown said...

Love this post! I am a beauty product junkie too. It's rare for me to actually finish a product before buying something new to try, lol. I ordered the Clinique Moisture mask recently, it's helps with my dry winter skin. I am splurging on La Mer soon.

I haven't tried Oribe yet but want to now! I'm a Pureology girl, works well for my highlighted fine hair. I really like Kerastase but it's hard to find around here.

I've tried the GlamGlow from a sample I got in one of my beauty boxes. It was nice but I didn't notice anything amazingly different. Makes you look like you have a swamp on your face, lol. I have and like the Tata mask, really love Algenist Triple Micro Polish and Peel. With the Algenist I notice a big difference right away in my skin, use it a couple times a week. Also love my Clarasonic.

I'm into Fresh stuff lately too, love that it's more natural. I don't mind a bit of Botox around the eyes here and there, just wish it wasn't so expensive. And I'm older than you at 42. ;)

Unknown said...

I am addicted to Tom Ford lipstick!! The colors are so gorgeous and it goes on so nice and smoothly, although the price tag leaves a lot to be desired. You have to get some. What I said would be a one-time splurge has turned into a full blown addiction. I am so purchasing the pink you just featured next--so far I have mostly stuck to matte reds in Cherry Lush and Scarlet Rogue and Willfull in the lip shine.

Leila said...

I have NEVER been a lipstick fan ever...just Bobbie Brown lipgloss but I LOVE the Tom Ford lipstick. Pricey, yes, but it was well worth the price. I've literally used every drop of it - it is extremely moisturizing.

Kimm said...

I've heard great things about the lipstick, however haven't purchased it yet!

Anonymous said...

Tom Ford's lipsticks are the absolute best. The price stings at first, but so worth it. Oribe has yet to make a product I don't love and they all smell divine!!!

Chasity @ Haute Mommy Blog said...

Yes! Oribe is worth it. I've had just as good results with Kenra (can buy at Ulta) though.

I'm sooo wanting the Glamglow mask too.

www.hautemommyblog.com

Jaime said...

I went and saw an aesthetician when I turned 30 and she gave me great advice: am routine for all girls in 30s should include a minimum of cleanser, vitamin C/antioxidant lotion, and a good SPF (love revision skincare vit c and intellishade). At night, cleanse, peptide serum, retinol product (when not pregnant or nursing) and moisturizer. My skin has never looked better!

Unknown said...

Let's take your advice and I will purchase all your products....$1,140!!! Wow..

Unknown said...

I need to try the Tata harper & Glam Glow! I had the Fresh scrub and really liked it!!

Tricia said...

Oribe is so worth it! Smells like the most heavenly perfume! And the Glam Glow masks are phemomenal. I'm dying for the Tom Ford lipsticks!

Lisa said...

why is everyone our age already getting botox?? :( it's so making the aging game not fair! I have been obsessed with Argan oil-- the french swear by it so I'm trying it! :)

Unknown said...

No wonder you love those products. They all seem so amazing! It’s great that you found something that works well with your skin type. Thanks for sharing!

Glenn Lowe @ Knight and Sanders