Monday, November 10, 2014

Scenes From Our Weekend

Here is what went down.

Friday I went to a cheese tasting at Goat Sheep Cow.  It focused on cheeses from Europe and I have to say they were all fantastic.  My favorite was called Saint Angel it was amazing.  Frances Moon came with me and she loved every cheese even the stinky ones!  This picture makes me laugh so much cheese:)

I have to show off Frances Moon's outfit.  I am obsessed with the vest.

I got a head start on Christmas shopping and ordered this teepee for Sterling.  He is going to be so excited Christmas morning when he sees it. I going to set it from Santa with his other toys inside it and around it.  If you order by November 15th you can take 10% off your order.

Friday night we had happy hour with my parents who were in town with my nephew moving to a new condo.  I made a sweet spread with some of the cheese from my cheese tasting and champagne from my Wine Awesomeness box this month.  If you sign up for Wine Awesomeness this month you can get your first month free- sign up HERE.  I always love my wines each month and this would make a great Christmas gift as well!  This champagne was excellent.


I loved spending time with my sweet nephew Finley he is such a doll.


 Sterling promptly got a haircut after I took this picture, I realized just how long his hair was!

Saturday night we took my parents to the yacht club for happy hour.  It was a chilly evening but gorgeous views.




I made yet another killer recipe from the new Barefoot Contessa Cookbook, Make it Ahead.   The Quinoa Tabbouleh is amazing, I made a big batch for my lunch this week.  This may be my favorite cookbook yet, so many great recipes.


Both nights we enjoyed sitting out by our fire pit after the kids went to sleep.  It was so nice for Matt and I to just catch up and have some alone time.


Sunday we took some pictures for our Christmas cards with our good friend and photographer Brook Bertschy.  I can't wait to see the results.  A few outtakes from my iphone.
I am wearing: Blouse | Jeans | Shoes

All in all a nice weekend spent with loved ones.


 




11 comments:

Ally Harding said...

I'm always so envious of Frances' killer outfits! She's one stylish baby! Still haven't been to Goat Sheep Cow. I follow them on IG and their sandwiches always looking amazing!

Unknown said...

a cheese tasting?! sounds so good! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Unknown said...

What a fun filled weekend! And Sterling is going to love his tepee! I need to get Ina's new book!

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

What a great weekend! I need to make that tabbouleh recipe SOON, it's one of my favorites! And Frances Moon's outfit is the cutest! Happy Monday!

Portuguese Prepster said...

Frances Moon is just the cutest baby!!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

The tepee and the leggings are awesome! Love Frances' plaid dress, so cute!

Tess said...

Your outtakes are adorable - which means the photographer had to have gotten a few awesome shots!!!

Unknown said...

I love your wooden platter you use for happy hour. Where did you happen to get it?

KatiePerk said...

Ooh a cheese tasting! Yum! Love FM's plaid dress! I have got to get a start on the Christmas cards. Yikes.

Unknown said...

We sat around the fire pit, too!

Taylor said...

I can't wait to get my hands on her newest cookbook. I just love her - and make ahead is the perfect version of ina. Cutest baby outfit ever as well :)

www.itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com