Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Obsessions: AKA Things You Need in Your Life

{JOIE POLLINI FAUX-WRAP DRESS}
We have quite a few holiday parties this year and my parents were sweet enough to treat me to a dress for the holidays.  I thought about going all glitzy and glam but decided if they were treating I wanted something I could wear all the time.  This dress is amazing.  I swear it looks awesome on.  What I love about it is you can dress it up or down.  Add a fun jeweled necklace and heels and you are ready for any Holiday party.  I sported mine this Saturday for our girls night out.  Oh and it is on major sale right now- get it before it sales out.  I paired mine with grey tights and booties.  I pictured it with two necklaces below so you could see how it works with all kinds of jewelry!







{HONEY TRUFFLE MUSTARD}
This is the stuff dreams are made of, so good!  I randomly found this at Homegoods and it was well worth the $4.  We served ours spread on fresh pepperoni with cheese this weekend and it was amazing.  I found it online here too- would be a great hostess gift.


My mom had been raving about this eyeliner forever and I finally tried hers while I was home.  It works great.  It draws a perfect line on top and bottom.  Goes on super smooth and precisely.  I of course had to get one for myself I am always searching for the perfect eyeliner and I think this may be it!
This is how the beauty site describes it (better than I can):

"Lash-Emphasizing: Unique triple tip easily stamps dots between lashes for a naturally thicker lash look instantly!
Tight Lining: Fine points make it easy to line inside of eyes, or at the base of lashes for a more wide-eyed and brighter look.
Eye Lining: 3 tips ensure a triple coating of the blackest black line while they also ensure a smoother, more steady line. Great for cat eyes!"

{GAP STUDIO SWEATER}
This is the softest most comfortable sweater you will ever put on.  I did not want to take it off.  They are made of a blend of wool, acrylic, and nylon which = the most luxurious sweater ever.
  I have the black and blue versions.  They would be great to wear out running errands but I have been wearing mine around the house with my JCrew Saturday pants or leggings.  They are also cute to throw on over workout clothes.  They would make a great Christmas gift for someone plus they are on sale right now!  The perfect lounge wear sweater.



{MAGNOLIA WREATHS}
I have wanted a Magnolia wreath since I saw it in Southern Living a few years ago.  I heard a rumor there is a guy at the Farmers Market who sells them.  You better believe I am headed there Saturday to try and score one before he sells out.  I adore this look for the holidays.  This is probably an easy DIY so if anybody wants to make one for me, I will happily take it:)



I love the idea of adding fun pillows for the Holidays and what better way to spruce up your house than with a few metallic pillows.  I am obsessed with these from the Nate Berkus line.  I know alot the stores are sold out but there is alot of his stuff still online!



14 comments:

Dina said...

Pretty sure I saw a tutorial yesterday on Pinterest for a magnolia wreath! I scored a reasonable Boxwood one from Lowe's Christmas section over the weekend, they are usually so expensive but this was only $35 and can use it over and over for and so so many seasons!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

The dress is beautiful on you. Also, both Wholefoods and Lowes have those wreaths too :) xoxo

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

The dress is gorgeous and I have the gap sweater in ivory and it is indeed veeeery soft!

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

A friend of mine has that dress is red and I am always borrowing it from her! Love it in black

Lexi said...

A good black wrap dress is always flattering and multi-purpose! And this one looks fantastic on you!
Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

Sadie + Stella said...

Love that dress girlfran!!!!!

Julia Ryan said...

I was just telling Matt I want to recreate your spread for our thanksgiving apps tray. That mustard was delish! And that dress looks really pretty on you! I'm a big fan of magnolia wreaths. My mom always makes hers and I'm trying to get her to do one for me this year too!

Alicia xoxxo said...

Great post! I LOVE that dress. Love love love! I may have to get it. And how yummy does that truffle honey mustard look?

Natalie said...

That dress looks so hot on you! And I'm super curious about the truffle mustard, sounds amazing!

Lobster Meets Peach said...

That dress is so gorgeous on you! And I can not tell you how much I wish I had that Gap sweater for the long ride to my parent's tonight.

Baby Shopaholic said...

You always find the cutest dresses. That Nate Berkus pillow is pretty fly!

Taylor said...

okay I need that dress! love it. and I was in Homegoods for about an hour sunday going crazy - that spread looks delicious!

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com

Brittany said...

Love that dress...I may have to scoop it up. I am worried it will be too short on me though...is it long enough to wear without tights?

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I love Nate's pillows~ great finds!