Monday, January 16, 2012

Scenes From Our Weekend

Happy MLK Day Friends!
Who watched the Golden Globes last night? I love award season (Well, I really just love the red carpet, the awards can be a bit snoozeville). My top picka for best dressed ladies were:
Reese Witherspoon. Great color and love the hair. Although side note- Matt said she looked pregnant. I thought she looked gorgeous and I love a woman with curves who shows them off!

Salma Hyeck. Girl looks gorgeous in her Gucci dress. I love the 70's vibe of it.


Paula Patton. I love this girl. I think she is always stunning. Yellow looks amazing on her.

Heidi Klum. Nude plus turquoise is the perfect combo. She looks freaking amazing to have 4 kids.

Nicole Ritchie. I am always a fan of Nicole. Love her hair and silver gown. She has come a long way since The Simple Life!

Jessica Alba. All I can say is she is my inspiration post baby. Girl can lose some baby weight so fast! I wonder if Brad styled her for this?

We had friends over for dinner Friday night and cooked up some amazing food (recipes to come Wednesday)



Drank some delicious wine- you can find this at Whole Foods, so darn good!



We really enjoyed ourselves!



I finally watched Food Inc. Wow. I probably won't ever look at meat the same way again. A few things I will change in my life- I will now only buy organic milk, eggs, and meat. I honestly don't eat a ton of meat anyways but this really made me look at chicken, pork, and red meat in a whole new light. I will also try and buy more from local Farmers to reduce my carbon foot print and support them. I really recommend watching this, it gives such a great behind the scenes look on food production.



I ate a crapload of the Energy Balls I blogged about Friday!



And spent alot of time cuddling with this nugget who was sick.



This is him teaching his elephant how to blow his nose. I heard him saying "Booger, nose" to the elephant. Too funny.

28 comments:

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Yes, Brad did style her. Loved watching the red carpet! And poor Sterling, hope he's feeling better!

caycee said...

Hope my sweet baby is feeling better!!! Cant wait to get the scoop on what you cooked this weekend!!!

PS 2 dates with my girl this week, I am excited!

KatiePerk said...

I really liked Salma's look too. I hated Madonna's top of her dress. It was not flattering. Hope S feels better!

Liz said...

I really like the picture of you and Matt. Henry was sick too this weekend - it's so sad to see, isn't it? Can't wait for the recipies!!

Bud and Leo said...

hahahha Sterling is SO precious! I think Salma was one of my faves- and of course Alba- love that Brad styled her! And Food Inc changed the way I eat for sure- I maybe have meet twice a month now!

Alicia xoxxo said...

Love your list of best dressed! I actually thought of you when I saw Paula Patton in the bright yellow! I had a feeling you would love it too! My fave of the night was Charlize. Dior is always a great choice.
I hope Sterling feels better! Poor baby :(

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

I really need to make those powerball things. Loved all of your pics for GG dresses. Those ladies all looked gorgeous. Hope Sterling is feeling better!!

Katie said...

I die for Salma's dress!!! Alba looked amazing as well, also in Gucci!

My little man has been sick too...lots of cuddling going on up here in Boston! :)

Laur said...

Your son is adorable! Hope he's feeling better! Also…so wish our Whole Foods sold wine!!! Not here in Maryland :(

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

OMG I love love loved Reese's look. Her hair was fabulous- I love that she did it down and more relaxed. It was a great change from the usual tight updos. I also loved Heidi Klum's look. :)

XO,

Sam
www.ThePeakofTresChic.com

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a lovely weekend! I loved so many dresses last night, especially Heidi, Freida, Reese, and Michelle. Happy Monday! xo

The Southland Life said...

love your picks - how freaking skinny is jessica alba?!? my gosh!! insane! anyway, i love kate b and charlize as well! hope your babe is feeling better soon - she looks so cute playing with that little elephant!

MEGAN ELVRUM said...

LOVE nicole richie WANT those bangs, she looked amazing and Selma was GORG, my fav was Ariel Winter from Modern Family fun & cute :)

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I need to watch that movie....

I loved Reese but Nicole Kidman was my favorite!

Baby Shopaholic said...

Love your picks! I missed the red carpet : (

Any time I watch some food special like that I become a vegetarian for like 6 months. I am switching all the babies food over to Organic! We were about 25% organic before but dr recommend using "Happy Cows"

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Awww...I hope little guy is on the mend! It stinks when they are under the weather )c: I absolutely *adore* Reese and that color, but what is happening with her boobies??? They look...*weird*...but Heidi??? Holy crap, that woman is fabulous, as is that turquoise necklace (c:

natasha {schue love} said...

Loved seeing all the dresses on the red carpet! I agree with all of your loves! :)

Megan said...

Fun recap! I loved Reeses dress too, but I think Claire Danes was also a favorite. I'm with you on Food Inc. it definitely changes the way you look at meat!

alicia said...

Reese was my top pick too!

erica said...

I thought Heidi looked amazing with the nude and pop of color! xo

Stefanie said...

Loved Reese Witherspoon's look. She can't ever do no wrong. Totally need to try those balls. They look delish.

Unknown said...

I have to try those energy balls. And I also love award season. I loved the simple look of Heidi Klum.

Happiness Is... said...

OH my goodness - the elephant with his name. So cute! Where did you find that? I love it!

California Wife said...

I think Salma and Heidi were my top 2 from last night!
So sorry Sterling was sick this weekend, hope he's feeling better.

designchic said...

I loved Jessica's dress and fun to see all the beautiful fashion. So hope your precious boy is feeling better!!

Portuguese Prepster said...

I thought Reese looked gorgeous as well and Salma's look was different and unique! Food looks delish as usual! Hope Sterling feels better!

Marcus Design said...

I don't know which look was my fav, but I just dies for that necklace on Heidi Klum. Hope your little one gets better! LOve that new pic on your profile :)
Nancy xo

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

I knew you would post fabulous fashion looks from the red carpet!! Reese was by far one of my favorites as well as some of the others you posted! That is too too cute about Sterling teaching his elephant to blow his nose!