Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Cheesy Corn Casserole



We are having some computer issues so you guys get a recipe today and Obsessions tomorrow. I decided to add this casserole to my Thangsgiving menu last minute after the hubs informed me that pilgrims ate corn at the original Thanksgiving and we needed to as well. This casserole is filled with cheese and bacon- enough said, right? It ain't healthy but it sure is good!

CHEESY CORN CASSEROLE
4 slices bacon, finely chopped
6 tbsp. unsalted butter, cubed
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ cup flour
3 cups milk
4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
2 oz. Velveeta, cubed
2 cups grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
1 tsp. paprika
3 lb. fresh or frozen corn kernels
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Heat oven to 375°. Heat bacon in a 6-qt. saucepan over medium heat, and cook, stirring, until browned, about 8 minutes. Add butter and garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add flour, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Whisk in milk, and bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add cream cheese, Velveeta, cheddar, and paprika, and cook until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in corn; season with salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to a 9″ × 13″ baking dish and bake until top is golden brown and bubbling, about 40 minutes. Let cool before serving.

17 comments:

Jill said...

bacon and cheese, this is going to be delish!!

Hannah said...

Anything with bacon an cheese is sure to be yummy. While we were gone for three mornings, we ate bacon or sausage each day. Very different from my granola and Greek yogurt, but oh so good! And why haven't I thought of needing corn on Thanksgiving because the pilgrims and Indians did?!? XO

megan said...

Holy moly, that looks and sounds delish! I need to add this to my dip list ASAP!

17 Perth said...

My stomach is growling for that right now. Haha--is it bad to eat for breakfast? :)

My Life as A Plate said...

Sounds delicious! I am always looking for new side dishes

Delta Daisies said...

I definitely will be trying this!!!!!!

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

This looks absolutely incredible. And PS love the blog makeover!!

Bud and Leo said...

love your new layout! And this looks incredible do you think it's good without bacon?? :) xo Lis

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Sounds so good my mouth is watering!

Alicia xoxxo said...

Ohhh this sounds so good!!! My mouth is watering! I must try this! I hope you and your fam are doing well! I have missed reading what is going on in your world!

Taylor said...

You had me at cheese and bacon! Looks great!

natasha {schue love} said...

OOo this is a fun twist...looks like mac & cheese!! :)

The Daily Stroll said...

yum! sounds good!

Portuguese Prepster said...

sounds heavenly!

Blue Turtle said...

I am positive that this is very delicious. I'll try this soon. Thanks for sharing!

jeavon @ Interior Design Pro

erica said...

oh my goodness this looks beyond delicious! xo

California Wife said...

Yum, this looks absolutely delicious! My husband would love this!